- Areas of Study
- Learning Outcomes
- Art & Design Alumni
- Art & Design Events
- Art & Design History
- Art & Design News
- Current Students
- Faculty, Staff & Directors
- Gallery and Exhibitions
- Programs & Student Life
- Prospective Students
You are here
Art & Design Programs and Student Life
A Total Immersion
of Study in Form,
Theory and Practice
- Personal attention and small classes.
- A comprehensive curriculum that includes illustration, photography, art education and interactive design.
- An extensive study-abroad program with specific cooperative exchange agreements with the University of Ulster and agreements with Studio Arts Center International (SACI), the Burren School of Art in Ireland, and the University of the Arts London.
- Professional internship, externship and student-teaching experiences.
- Residence-in-artist and guest artist programs bring to campus accomplished artists and designers who share their knowledge with students. In addition, there are numerous special workshops and trips throughout the year.
- A year-long investigative project during the senior year which synthesizes students’ liberal arts and professional education and culminates in a public presentation.
- Current students continue to win awards for their work at juried shows and scholarship competitions.
- Career development services and practical job experiences in the department.
- graduates work for Walt Disney, Periscope (formally Mercury) Studios, Dr. Pepper, American Greetings, Hallmark, Chicago Museum of Contemporary Arts, Meyers Advertising, OC Communications, New England Journal of Medicine, and professors and teachers at numerous universities and school districts.
- The department of art & design is included in the the
"Creative Colleges: A Guide for Student Actors, Artists, Dancers,
Musicians and Writers" as one of the top 200 creative programs
in the country.