You are here
Dr. Qiang Wen
- Visiting Assistant Prof., Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2007-present
- R&D Engineer, Goldsboro, NC 2006-2007
- Engineer, Shanghai, China, 2000-2001
- Instructor, Changchun, China, 1994-1997
- Engineer, Changchun, China, 1991-1994
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Alabama, 2005
- Master, Information Systems, Carnegie Mellon University, 2002
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Tongji University, 2000
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1991
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Y.B. Guo, Q. Wen, K.A. Woodbury, 2006, "Dynamic Material Behavior Modeling Using Internal State Variable Plasticity and Its Application in Hard Machining Simulations" ASME J. of Manufacturing Sci. and Eng, 128, pp. 749-759.
- Q. Wen, Y.B. Guo, 2006, "An Adaptive Method to Improve Mesh Quality of the Machined Surface in Micromachining," J. of Materials Processing Technology, 173/1, pp. 21-28.
- Y.B. Guo, Q. Wen, M.F. Horstemeyer, 2005, "An Internal State Variable Plasticity Based Approach to Determine Dynamic Loading History Effects in Manufacturing Processes" Int. J. of Mechanical Sciences, 47, pp. 1423-1441.
- Y.B. Guo, Q. Wen, 2005, "A Hybrid Approach to Investigate Chip Morphology Transition from Saw-tooth to Discontinuous Chips with the Effects of Cutting Edge Geometry," Trans. of NAMRI/SME, XXXIII, pp. 469-476.
- Q. Wen*, Y.B. Guo, K.A. Woodbury, 2005, "Adiabatic Effect Modeling and Its Influence on Machining Simulations: BCJ vs. JC Model," Proc. of ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Orlando, FL.
- Q. Wen*, Y.B. Guo, 2005, "The Influence of Adaptive Mesh on FEA Prediction of Surface Quality in Hard Machining," Proc. of 3rd International Conference on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century, Nagoya, Japan, 10/19.
- Q. Wen*, Y.B. Guo, M.F. Horstemeyer, 2004, "Using Internal State Variable Plasticity to Determine Dynamic Loading History Effects in Manufacturing Processes," Proc. Of ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Anaheim, CA.
- Q. Wen*, Y.B. Guo, 2004, "A Unified Approach to Simulate Saw-tooth and Discontinuous Chips with Material Stagnation and Cutting Edge Geometry," Proc. of The Society for Modeling and Simulation International, Huntsville, Alabama.
Visiting Assistant Professor
Mechanical Engineering Department
525 S. Main Street
Ada, OH 45810