You are here
A full-time professional, resident in and available only to the students of The James F. Dicke College of Business Administration leads our experiential-learning and career initiatives. The Office of Experiential Learning (OEL) offers students the resources they need to transition their classroom knowledge into a professional outlet. The OEL provides information on career planning, resume and cover-letter writing and internship placement. Since all incoming students, regardless of major, are required to complete an internship, the OEL is a valuable resource for locating opportunities and building relationships with industry professionals. The OEL also helps students prepare for full-time employment.
Develop business and civic leaders for a changing world.
We are honest and transparent in our interactions with others.
We believe that integrity is the foundation of business and civic leadership.
We are collaborative, innovative, and embrace opportunity.
We believe that vision and persistence produce innovation.
We are active contributors to our academic, civic, and global communities.
We believe that developing leaders requires mentoring, experiential learning, and scholarship.
Why Utilize ONU Students?
- Cost effective means for recruiting future full-time associates
- Solution for a fluctuation in labor needs
- Allows for in-depth evaluation of individual without a long term commitment
- ONU students are current on technology and bring with them a world class educational foundation
- 76% of employer respondents indicated the primary purpose for them sponsoring an internship is to recruit entry-level talent*
- On average, 53% of interns were converted to full-time hires*
- 83% of employer respondents reported higher retention rates for those with internship experience, compared to those who had none*
*According to a 2006 Experiential Education survey completed by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)