- Ph.D., Sociology, Kent State University
- M.A., Sociology, Kent State University
- B.A., Psychology, Kent State University
- Sociological Theory
- Introduction to Sociology
- Social Psychology
- Self and Identity
- Social Problems
- Deviant Behavior
- First-Year Experience
- Identity (processes and outcomes)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Theory Application
- Religious Conversion
- Sociology of Sport
- Carrothers, Robert M. 2007. "Social Typing of Religious Changers: The Impact of Motivation on the Stories of Alternators and Converts." Sociological Spectrum, Vol. 27: 2.
- Carrothers, Robert M., and Denzel E. Benson. 2003. “Symbolic Interactionism in Introductory Textbooks: Coverage and Implications.” Teaching Sociology, 31(2-April, 2003), 162-181.
- Gregory, Stanford W., Brian Green, Robert M. Carrothers, Kelly Dagan, and Stephen W. Webster. 2001. “Verifying the primacy of Voice Fundamental Frequency in Social Status Accomodation." Language and Communication, 21, 37-60.
- Contributing entry author. World of Sociology Encyclopedia. Gale Group Farmington Hills, MI.
- Carrothers, Robert M., Stanford W. Gregory, and Timothy J. Gallagher. 2000. “Measuring Emotional Intelligence in Medical School Applicants.” Academic Medicine, 75(5) 456-463.