Physics & Astronomy
Our students receive a strong, in-depth education in classical and modern physics. Majors are well prepared to pursue further education in graduate or professional programs, including medical physics, for teaching in high schools, or for positions in industry and government.
- Graduates enrolled in top graduate schools, including MIT, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Univ. of Texas (Austin)
- Students participate in research with faculty in astronomy, plasma physics, solid state physics and optics.
- Cutting edge experimental research is performed on campus with the Dusty ONU experimenT (D.ONU.T)
- Majors receive summer research fellowships at institutions such as Cornell, NRAO, Lehigh, Wright State and UC Davis
- We offer the full undergraduate physics curriculum necessary for success in graduate school
- Majors present papers at regional and national conferences
- Students and faculty regularly attend meetings of the Ohio-region Section of the American Physical Society
- Small upper level courses with 5 to 15 students
- Active chapter of the Society of Physics Students
- New Astronomical Observatory with numerous telescopes and CCD cameras
Dr. Mellita Caragiu
Chair Professor of Physics and Astronomy
Phone: (419) 772-2851.
Fax: (419) 772-1888.
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
114 Science Annex
Ohio Northern University
525 S. Main St.
Ada, OH 45810