Ohio Northern University Music Major Talent Awards
Auditions are required of all students who wish to declare a major in music. This audition also serves as the evaluation for the music major talent award. Accepting the talent award carries with it the requirement to audition for ONU’s concert organizations and to maintain membership good standing in the ensemble(s) assigned.
Applicants must be applied to Ohio Northern University before they can audition for the Music Department.
Any talent scholarships add on top of academic scholarships received.
Non-Music Major Talent Award for Symphony/Wind Orchestra
Ohio Northern University non-music major talent awards for Symphony or Wind Orchestra are available to all enrolled students at Ohio Northern University regardless of major. Awards are granted based on the student’s artistic potential as heard in a scheduled audition. Talent award amounts are contingent upon the complete financial aid package.
There are two options for non-music major auditions.
1. Upload a recording digitally through Acceptd. Click here to upload your audition now.
2. A live audition when you visit campus on your own. Live Non-Music Major Auditions can be set up on an individual basis through contacting Kelly Holtgrefe at email@example.com.
Musicians who play the following instruments are eligible: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute/Piccolo, Clarinet/Bass Clarinet, Oboe/English Horn, Bassoon, Saxophone, Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Timpani, Percussion, Piano, Harp.
Live and Digital Acceptd Auditions will consist of the following:
- A solo or etude that demonstrates their ability
- As many scales as you know
Requirements for Recipients of Non-Music Major Talent Award for Symphony Orchestra and Wind Orchestra
- Audition for Symphony Orchestra/Wind Orchestra every year and register for the ensemble assigned each semester
- Enroll in the appropriate private lessons at Ohio Northern University during freshman year.
Non-Music Major Talent Award for Symphony Orchestra and Wind Orchestra Renewal
Talent Awards are renewable as long as the student is in good academic standing and meets the requirements of the Talent Award. The musician on an Orchestra Award does not need to re-audition each year to renew the award, however, seating is determined at the beginning of each year based on auditions.