- Teacher Education Programs
- Opportunities and Resources
- For Current Students
- Resource Room
- Student and Alumni Success
- National Accreditation
- Our Faculty
- Learning Outcomes
- Education in Practice
You are here
PRAXIS II PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT FOR BEGINNING TEACHERS
The Praxis II is a required standard set for all teacher education programs by the Ohio Department of Education for ALL candidates seeking teacher licensure within the State of Ohio. The Praxis II consists of two parts:
1. Principle of Learning and Teaching examination is required of all candidates seeking teacher licensure.
2. Specialty Area - The specialty area (your major) should be taken and passed prior to student teaching. Be sure to take the test early enough to allow time for scores to arrive before the semester of your student teaching experience. The usual time required for scores to be received is four to six weeks. Your application for teacher licensure cannot be processed until all scores are received and success is duly noted.
The list of acceptable scores, determined by the State of Ohio is available from the Center for Teacher Education (CTE) office. These scores were first established in 1999 by the State of Ohio Department of Education and are subject to revision at any time.
All Praxis Series registration bulletins are available from the CTE office or the Office of Career Services.