You are here
Dr. Mark D. Cruea
- PhD-Communication: Bowling Green State University
- MA English-Technical Communication: Bowling Green State University
- MEd Education-Post-Secondary Education: Bowling Green State University
- BSBA-FInance: The Ohio State University
- Convergent Media
- Organizational Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Visual Communication
- Technical Communication
- Political Economy
- 2010-Ohio Northern University – Alpha Xi Delta Professor of the Month – October
- 2010-Honorary Survivor and Opening Speaker: ONU Relay for Life
- 2001-Findlay/Hancock County Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Educator
- 1997-Findlay/Hancock County Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Educator
My primary research interests are focused on video games, including issues of race and gender, as well as the video game industry from a political economy standpoint. Other interests include visual communication and convergent media.
- Cruea, M., & Park, S. (2012). Gender Disparity in Video Game Usage: A Third-Person Perception-Based Explanation. Media Psychology, 15(1), 44-67. doi:10.1080/15213269.2011.648861
- Cruea, M. D. (2011). The virtual hand: Exploring the societal impact of video game industry business models. Bowling Green, Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
- Cruea, M. D. (1999). Knowledge of software and operating systems needed by two-year college graduates as perceived by Northwest Ohio businesses. Bowling Green, Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
Communication and Media Studies
119 Performing Arts Center
525 S. Main Street
Ada, OH 45810