- Associate Professor, Ohio Northern University (ONU), Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2005-.
- Assistant Professor, Ohio Northern University (ONU), Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2002-2005 .
- Part-time faculty member, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2001 (Summer)
- Instructor, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1999 (Summer)
- Head Associate Instructor (AI), Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1995-1999.
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 2000
- B.A. Chemistry (cum laude, ACS accredited) Hiram College, Hiram, OH 1994
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Development of synthetic methods
- Total synthesis natural products
- New catalyst/ligand design for asymmetric organic processes
- The history of organic chemistry
- Fenlon, E.; Myers, B. J. Profiles in Chemistry: A Historical Perspective on the National Organic Symposium. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 10.1021/jo302475j
- Williams, D. R.; Myers, B. J.; Mi, L.; Binder, R. J. Studies for the Total Synthesis of Amphidinolide P. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 4762–4778.
- McCarthy, A.;* Spatney, R.;* Manpadi, M.; Myers, B. J. Zimmerman, J. R. A direct conversion of carboxylic acids to methylthiomethyl esters using a microwave-assisted pummerer rearrangement with dimethylsulfoxide. Tetrahedron Lett. 2012, 53, 4782–4784.