You are here
Chemistry Teacher Workshop
ONU’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry will again host a rewarding five-day workshop (June 16-20, 2014) specifically designed to provide high school chemistry teachers with a unique professional development opportunity.
The residential workshop features lecture, laboratory and networking time:
- Use a Vernier spectrophotometer and Vernier probes
- Conduct associated laboratory exercises
- Modify and troubleshoot existing protocols
- Participate in discussion sessions
- Receive a Vernier instrument for use in your home educational institution
- Join specialized breakout seminar/laboratory periods
The program also provides:
- Assistance of a faculty mentor in developing individualized workshop goals
- Access to additional Vernier equipment for classroom use
- Follow-up and support during the 2014-15 academic year
All teachers who teach at least one high school course in chemistry are invited to apply. Preference will be given to those teaching in the state of Ohio. Applications are due by March 17. Download the 2014 Brochure.
All accepted teachers will attend the workshop free of charge and will receive housing, travel reimbursement, a $30 per day stipend and a Vernier scientific instrument.
Click here for a schedule for the 2014 workshop. Participants will stay in the Campus Village Apartments. These on-campus accommodations are air-conditioned and include wireless Internet, linens, common/living areas, kitchens and private baths.
To receive important information regarding this opportunity, subscribe to our Listserve by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following line in the body of the message: SUBscribe email@example.com
Applications are now available and they will close on March 17, 2014. The bulk of the application involves a short statement (250-500 words, 1-2 pages) where you should describe why you are interested in attending this Chemistry Teacher Workshop, how it will contribute towards your professional goals, and how it will benefit your chemistry program.
For more information,please contact:
The Chemistry Workshop is sponsored in part by a Grant from the Ohio Board of Regents.
Learn more about the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.