Biological Allied Health Sciences Learning Objectives
Biology, Environmental and Field Biology, Forensic Biology, Molecular Biology
Graduates will be able to:
- apply the fundamentals of biological sciences
- understand the scientific method and its application to real world problems
- exercise an awareness of the importance of the natural world to humanity
- understand bioethical considerations and their role in developing sound, discipline-specific policies and practices
- competently communicate in written and oral formats
- objectively analyze data
- independently study a biological problem, develop a method to solve the problem, analyze available problem data, and present the data to others in a cogent and concise manner
- demonstrate a clear understanding of the Darwinian theory of evolution, population biology and ecology.
West Central Ohio Clinical Laboratory Science Program:
- Competently perform a full range of testing in the clinical laboratory encompassing the areas of but not limited to blood banking, clinical chemistry, hematology and coagulation, clinical microbiology including virology, mycology and parasitology, clinical immunology, and molecular diagnostics.
- Actively participate in the implementation and evaluation of test methods.
- Comply with and promote applicable regulations, professional development and quality improvement wherever lab testing is researched, developed or performed.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge, skills and possession of relevant experiences in:
- Communications to enable consultative interactions with members of healthcare teams, external relations, customer service and patient education;
- Clinical laboratory finance, operations, marketing and human resource management to enable cost-effective, high-quality, value-added laboratory services;
- Information technology to enable effective, timely, accurate and cost-effective reporting of laboratory-generated information, and;
- Research design and practice sufficient to evaluate published studies as an informed consumer.
Connect with ONU: