Why Should Students Participate in Science Days?
- Our District Science Day will be March 14, 2015 here at Ohio Northern University, Dept. of Biological & Allied Health Sciences, Ada OH 45810.
- Participation in science days helps students develop basic skills they will use daily throughout their life to sense and clarify problems that exist, to conduct research, to find creative solutions to problems, and to communicate.
- Participation in science day gives students the opportunity to develop the skills, attitudes, and knowledge that will help them be comfortable and successful in an ever changing scientific, technological society.
- Preparing students for citizen participation in the development of science and technology policy and the utilization of science in everyday life are worthwhile goals often ignored in school curricula, that are achieved through a student research project.
- Science days offer students the opportunity to define a problem and to design an experiment that will attempt to solve or investigate that problem, thus enabling the student to learn through discovery a topic of their own interest.
- Students can win special recognition for achievement, certificates, cash awards and college scholarships.
- Top students can advance to the State Science Day, May 16, 2015 in Columbus Ohio.