You are here
At a glance: Digital Media Production
The Digital Media Production minor emphasizes the production process, from concept to completion. Through hands-on instruction and theory-based project management coursework students learn how to create and distribute their content via the web, through traditional media channels, in independent media, and in corporate settings.
Students in the Digital Media Production program explore the production of content for television, websites and interactive media. With studies in digital video production and editing, graphic design, interactive media and web design, students develop a broad skill set and an understanding of both traditional and new media. Visit the Department of Communication and Media Studies.
- Involvement in the major from day one as a student at ONU
- One-on-one training in new media technologies.
- Internships in corporate video; radio and television stations; newspapers; websites; online news sources; multimedia opportunities in local and regional production houses.
- Work with WONB-94.9FM and ONU3-TV, Northern's local access channel.
- Work with The Northern Review Online, ONU’s Source of Campus and Community Information
- Full audio and video studios with recording and editing capabilities.
- The Freed Center is home to WONB Radio: The Voice of Ohio Northern University. The 3,000-watt non-commercial station first went on the air in 1991 and operates year round at 94.9 on the FM dial. WONB also streams on the internet and can be found at : http://www.wonb.net
- ONU Cable is also located in the Freed Center and serves the campus with over 70 channels of educational and entertainment programming. For more information on ONU Cable TV and ONU3-TV, visit ONU Cable TV
- Both the radio station and the cable system are professionally managed and student operated.
- The Northern Review-Online is the digital newspaper on campus covering events from major changes in the University, athlete features, entertainment, religious events and cultural diversity. The Northern Review-Online offices are located in the McIntosh Student Center.
WONB-FM, ONU3-TV (Local Access Channel), ONU Cable, College Broadcasters, Inc.
The department offers an internship program, which provides a practical educational experience that includes theory and practice. Students have held internships at businesses as WLIO-TV (Lima), WTOL-TV (Toledo); WBNS-TV (Columbus), Clear Channel Radio, CorpComm and Mills-James Productions.
Many graduates go on to graduate schools to pursue advanced study at universities such as Elon University, Ithaca College, Purdue, Ohio University, Bowling Green State University, Miami University, The University of South Carolina, University of Wisconsin and others.
Graduates go on to work in radio advertising sales, television production, broadcast news and corporate audio and video production.