You are here
At a glance: Business Administration
Did you know? DCBA professors are dedicated teachers and earned an “A in Teaching Quality” from Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
A minor in business administration is offered through the Dicke College of Business Administration. The college also offers AACSB-accredited undergraduate and graduate programs in accounting, management, marketing and pharmaceutical business.
- All of the quality programs of the college emphasize leadership development.
- Ranked as one of the top 111 undergraduate business colleges in the nation by Bloomberg Business Week and internationally accredited by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- First-year students are directly admitted into the college and assigned an upperclass student who will mentor and help with the adjustment to college life.
- Small classes mean individualized attention.
- Professors are dedicated teachers and earned an “A in Teaching Quality” from Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Most have terminal degrees (Ph.D. or JD) and experience as entrepreneurs or corporate executives.
- A fulltime staff person facilitates required student internships, and opportunities abound for regional, national or international internships with well-known companies. Students also have opportunities for business study abroad.
- A distinguished lecture series brings prominent business leaders to campus to speak on relevant topics in business and society.
Opened in 2003, James F. Dicke Hall offers “smart” classrooms equipped with the latest instructional technology. Open computer labs have the latest hardware and software for student use. A cast-bronze polar bear greets visitors to the two-story glass faced atrium, known as the “Central Business District,” which also has a real-time stock ticker. Throughout the building, beautiful artwork graces the walls, and there are comfortable alcoves for informal gatherings.
American Marketing Association, Beta Alpha Psi (financial information honorary), Beta Gamma Sigma (international business honor society), Dean’s Advisory Council, Institute of Management Accountants, International Business Club, Sigma Iota Epsilon (national honorary and professional management fraternity), Society for Advancement of Management, Student Investment Group, Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), Students in Pharmaceutical Business
100 percent Internship Placement
The College of Business Administration has programs in place, including a full-time director of experiential learning, to assist students with internship acquisition, job placement upon graduation and student-employer networking events held in major cities.
Professional placement – 94-100 percent
Recent graduates go on to graduate or professional schools or embark on successful careers with companies such as Cardinal Health, Crown Equipment Corporation, Deloitte and Touche, Ernst & Young, Fifth Third Bank, Honda of America, J.P. Morgan Chase, KPMG, The Marriott Company, Metakote Corporation, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, Nabisco, Sherwin Williams and Whirlpool Corporation.
Some graduates have gone on to get advanced degrees at Case Western Reserve University, University of Notre Dame, University of Colorado, University of South Carolina MIBS, University of Virginia and Indiana University.