Dankook International Summer School
Students must first apply for nomination from ONU, to do so please contact the Study Abroad Office.
ONU students are able to attend Dankook University's International Summer school or participate in some of the following experiences:
- Global Village (EV) - 3 week program - June 21 ~ July 8, 2016
- Students receive $1000 flight reimbursement for teaching 3 2-hour English conversational classes a day (total/6 hours daily) with a class size of 3~5 DKU students. All international students then go on to join the Academic Program.
- No teaching experience is necessary - training will be provided - just a willingness to meet and share with Korean students
- Click here for Global Village information from the Dankook University website.
- Academic Program (AP) - 4 week program - July 11 ~ August 4, 2016
- This is the main program which consists of a choice of several courses all taught in English by invited professors both domestically and from sister universities in the US, Europe, UK, etc. Students can earn up to 6 credits by taking two courses.
- Click here for Academic Program information which includes the courses being offered from the Dankook University website.
- Korean Immersion Program (KIP) - 3 weeks - August 8 ~ August 25, 2016
- The 3 week course focuses on vocabulary, writing and speaking mixed with cultural immersion to fully understand the culture of Korean society. The intensive language courses and are divided into 3 levels-beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Click here for KIP information from the Dankook University website.
Overview of Summer Program: http://www.dankook.ac.kr/web/international/153
Dankook University is a private university in South Korea. The main campus moved from the city of Seoul to Yongin, which is another major city in the Seoul metropolitan area. The new campus was completed in 2007 and boasts technologically advanced classrooms, high-end facilities, and one of Korea's most aesthetically beautiful campuses.
Dankook and Ohio Northern University have an exchange agreement as well as a International Friendship Pact. As part of the friendship pact, DKU awards the Dankook Award to two ONU students at commencement each year. ONU provides a similar award to DKU students.
Lehr Memorial 122
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.