Summer in Korea
Ohio Northern University has two very special summer programs in Seoul, South Korea.
Both of these institutions allow ONU students to participate in their summer programs taught in English (no Korean language experience necessary). The cost of tuition and room and board are covered by our exchange which allows ONU students to attend at an extremely low cost. Approximation cost of participation in a four week academic program for 6 credits is approximately $2,000
Dankook University and Ohio Northern University have an exchange agreement as well as an International Friendship Pact. As part of the friendship pact, DKU awards the Dankook Award to two ONU students at commencement each year. ONU provides a similar award to DKU students. Their International Summer School Offers a great variety of courses and experiential learning opportunities.
Hanyang University and Ohio Northern have an exchange agreement that includes the Hanyang International Summer School. Each spring semester ONU promotes the Hanyang summer program through the awarding of the Hanyang Fellowship. Each college at ONU (Arts & Sciences, Business, Pharmacy, and Engineering) award THREE fellowships each year. The fellowship also provides $750 toward the cost of airfare. The total value of this prestigious fellowship is approximately $7,100.
About Seoul, South Korea
As Korea's capital and most populous city with 10 million residents, Seoul represents the country's center for business, education, and culture. It offers many activities and cultural sites, including museums, palaces, parks, mountains, amusement parks and shopping. Mountains encircle Seoul with Namsan (South Mountain) springing up in the center. Although the Han River once marked the southern boundary, the city has sprawled across to the southern side with approx. 2 dozen bridges crossing it and a subway tunnel underneath. Seoul is serviced by two main airports, Gimpo Metropolitan and Incheon International, and boasts an ultra-modern, safe and expansive subway system. A high-tech metropolitan city, Seoul is home to well known businesses including Samsung, LG, Hyundai and Kia. English language is highly regarded in Korea.
Fellowships are awarded by the Dean's Office to THREE students from each ONU undergraduate college. Fellowships include tuition for the summer classes in Korea, housing, excursion costs and a stipend for partial airfare of $750.
Student applications for the Hanyang Fellowship should be submitted by February 20th, 2018.
To apply online, click here.
Hanyang University International Summer Program - July 1-July 28, 2018
- Four weeks in Seoul, S. Korea
- Wide variety of academic courses to choose from (business, int’l relations, engineering, science, humanities, arts, literature, etc)
- Courses are conducted in English
- Korean Language and Cultural Studies available
- Up to 6 semester credits awarded
- Housing on the Hanyang University campus
Complete Summer Program info: www.hanyangsummer.com/seoul
About Hanyang University
Hanyang University is one of the leading private universities in Korea with a total of 20 colleges and 12 postgraduate schools. Located in Seoul, the undergraduate student population is approximately 32,000 including 3,500 postgraduate students enrolled in a wide variety of disciplines. Facilities are modern and located in Seoul, on a beautiful, hilly campus which boasts easy access to the Seoul subway system.
The Dankook Fellowship includes participation in the Global Village and Academic Program including free tuition, free housing, and an airfare stipend of $1000. There are 4 fellowships available each summer. There is also the opportunity to go as a paying student if you do not receive the fellowship
To apply for the Fellowship please log in or create an account on Via
ONU students are able to attend Dankook University's International Summer school or participate in some of the following experiences:
- Global Village (EV) - 3 week program - June 19 ~ July 6, 2018
- Students receive $1000 flight reimbursement for teaching 3 2-hour English conversational classes a day (total/6 hours daily) with a class size of 3~5 DKU students. All international students then go on to join the Academic Program.
- No teaching experience is necessary - training will be provided - just a willingness to meet and share with Korean students
- Click here for Global Village information from the Dankook University website.
- Academic Program (AP) - 4 week program - July 9 ~ August 2, 2018
- This is the main program which consists of a choice of several courses all taught in English by invited professors both domestically and from sister universities in the US, Europe, UK, etc. Students can earn up to 6 credits by taking two courses.
- Click here for Academic Program information which includes the courses being offered from the Dankook University website.
- Korean Immersion Program (KIP) - 3 weeks - July 31 ~ August 16, 2018
- The 3 week course focuses on vocabulary, writing and speaking mixed with cultural immersion to fully understand the culture of Korean society. The intensive language courses and are divided into 3 levels-beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Click here for KIP information from the Dankook University website.
Overview of Summer Program: http://www.dankook.ac.kr/web/international/153
Dankook University is a private university in South Korea. The main campus moved from the city of Seoul to Yongin, which is another major city in the Seoul metropolitan area. The new campus was completed in 2007 and boasts technologically advanced classrooms, high-end facilities, and one of Korea's most aesthetically beautiful campuses.
Dankook and Ohio Northern University have an exchange agreement as well as a International Friendship Pact. As part of the friendship pact, DKU awards the Dankook Award to two ONU students at commencement each year. ONU provides a similar award to DKU students.
Lehr Memorial 122
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.